Our Beliefs & Ethics
13 Beliefs – are these part of a science website or are they going on the corporate website? Do we need to have a Beliefs section?
- Belief 1
- Belief 2
- Belief 3
- Belief 4
- Belief 5
- Belief 6
- Belief 7
- Belief 8
- Belief 9
- Belief 10
- Belief 11
- Belief 12
- Belief 13
- As a responsible manufacturer, elements of our next-generation assessment framework are based on the US National Research Council’s innovative blueprint for Toxicity Testing in the 21st Century (TT21C) [external link]. ((Glossary) Link to: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20574894)
- TT21C advocates the use of in-vitro (Glossary) testing, preferably using human cells, as a superior alternative to traditional in-vivo (Glossary) animal testing.
- In line with our official corporate position [external link] (link to https://www.imperialbrandsplc.com/sustainability/approach/maintaining-high-standards-of-governance.html), considering TT21C to be more relevant, informative and ethical than previous assessment approaches to smoking-related disease.
- TT21C methods can help determine if reduced chemical exposure to any Harmful and Potentially Harmful Constituents (HPHCs) in our product portfolio translates to reduced toxicity.
- Our scientists are developing a series of TT21C-driven tests to analyse the impact of our NGPs on relevant user endpoints.
- Alongside data gathered from relevant clinical studies, this allows us to scientifically demonstrate and substantiate the harm reduction potential of our NGPs.
- Through frameworks like TT21C, we are continuing to protect our consumers – and innocent animals – while raising standards across the NGP landscape.